Thursday is GURPSDay, and below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week, as of 900pmCST today, there have been 33 GURPS-Related posts from our list of 56 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen. Another pretty light week, but then, it’s summertime.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Cadiz Redemption (Michael Wolf)
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
- Tactical Shooting: Breaking Bad (7/26/16)
Worlds Beyond Earth (Derrick White)
- On Making Immortal Characters Seem Old (7/25/16)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (7/22/16)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Walking the Paths of Communion (7/27/16) – A discussion of the thought process that went into Path design, and why I think they’ll balance nicely with the rest of my gameplay
- Meditations on Communion (7/27/16) – A discussion of how well Communion will interact with the Action framework, including a look at alternate invocation rules for Communion!
- Psionics and the Psi-Wars Framework (7/25/16) – Wherein I examine how Psionic Powers have turned out in an Action Framework, and discuss the possible extremes my system might allow and how to handle them
- Evaluating the new Power Framework (7/24/16) – Wherein I discuss what power frameworks bring, where they can go wrong, and the context GURPS Action demands of any power framework we add to it
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- GM Convention Tips, The Sequel (7/28/16) – Since I run a lot of convention games, and a lot of people ask about convention games… seems like a topic worth covering! Here are general thoughts on running demos, one-shots, and convention games.
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
- A quick Review and a progress update (7/27/16)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary July 22 – July 28, 2016 (7/28/16)
- Aeon Campaign S3E3 – Mission Impossible, Mission Trivial (7/26/16) – In S3E3 of the Aeon Campaign, we take the fight to the enemy in a huge way, and pull off three simultaneous ops to cripple the bad guys’ ability to make a critical material – the Kyberian-energy-storing orichalcum. The material my super-sword was made of, and many other things. We are ghosts, and pull it off with panache.
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
- 24 July 2016 game log (7/24/16)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (7/28/16)
- Divine Favor: Visions of Judgement (7/28/16) – Frighten the wicked by giving them a vision of h*ck.
- Divine Favor: Exhaustion Gas (7/27/16) – A power that can put enemies to sleep, and isn’t actually that expensive… if you can stop enemies from moving I guess.
- Crafting: Simplified Crafting System (7/26/16) – A simple, no frills crafting system that makes it easy to turn a price tag into hours and skill penalties.
- Rules: Survival And Food Gathering Applied (7/26/16) – An attempt at applying the system I came up with yesterday to test the viability of the numbers.
- Rules: Survival and Food Gathering (7/24/16) – Thoughts on a detailed food scrounging system.
- Review: Low-Tech (7/23/16) – This book is way better than I remember, all good stuff… except the Defense chapter.
- Editorial: Meta-Challenges are fun, Even if They Are Not GURPS (7/22/16) – I just meander around the topic of whether social skills or puzzles should be allowed to go meta.
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Carpe Blogiem: Somewhat Open Call for Aeon Players (7/27/16)
- The Hurt Locker: Climbing Lines and Auto-Grapnels (7/22/16)
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
- Link to back up the word-of-mouth (7/28/16)
- Zombies, Two For The Price Of One (7/27/16)
- A Pirate’s Life For Me (7/26/16)
- Every-Pirate Skills (and other traits) (7/25/16)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Why I think GURPS DF needs to stay Hack-and-Slash (7/28/16)
- Random Gaming Thoughts & Links (7/25/16)
- Thinking about Player-Facing Challenges (7/23/16)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
Panhumanity’s Edge (Christain Blouin)